Saturday, January 9, 2010

ULENS - Origin of the current day RACING PIGEON

Salvatore Ferra and I were discussing different pigeon family origins today, and we thought this may be a useful guide for those that have not seen this chart. Published in the Racing Pigeon Bulletin, September 26, 1988. "Dear Editor, In the August 8th issue of the RPB, Rev. Bader ponders the origin of the Soffle strain. In order to keep the readers of the RPB and News, the most knowledgeable in America, I would like to share with the fancy the enclosed chart that I received from good freind in Arizona, Jerry Leavenworth. I personally vouch for its authenticity and invite the readership to enjoy this heretofore "secret" of the AMDG Racing Loft as we employ it in breeding to type. As you can see, it is a definite reference chart indicating the proximity and relationship to one another families. I would ask you to reproduce for the readership and then return it to me as I cannot copy it due to its large size. Respectfully, Cactus Jack Voita"